How To Improve Your Day With 5 Simple Habits
I used to have a morning routine that lasted me an hour. But I didn’t mind spending that extra hour getting ready because I didn’t have to be anywhere before 8am. Now that I am an “adult” ( I use that term loosely) I have things I have to do but I cherish my sleep. Here are a few of my simple morning habits I just couldn’t get rid of because the health, both physical and mental, benefits were just too awesome.
- Leave a bottle (or glass) of water by your bed at night so when you wake up you can drink it right away. Its always good to start your day with at least 8oz of water to help wake you up, boost your metabolism and get your daily hydration started.
- Stretch Even if it is for 2 or 3 minutes or while you are in the shower, take a few deep breaths and stretch your body out. It will help get the blood flowing and start your day off on a positive note.
- Eat breakfast! You always hear it is the most important meal of the day and that’s actually true! You’re body has been in a fasted state the entire time you’ve been sleeping so it needs something to start using a fuel for the day. For some of my favorite breakfasts check out my post on Breakfast On The Go!
- Take your vitamins. No matter how well you eat, you will not get all of your recommended daily nutritional needs. This is what vitamins and supplements are for. Everyone’s needs are different of course but it’s a good idea to talk to your doctor and see what they suggest. I talk about what I take on a daily basis here.
- Make a to-do list. I am a list maker. They keep me sane. But it’s a good idea for everyone to jot down their daily plans. This will help you prioritize your day and be the most productive version of yourself.