*This post may contain affiliate links.
This recipe is one that my mother-in-law has perfected. It also happens to be a family favorite. I love this because it makes a great side-dish and it can be made in large batches for holiday parties and get togethers. We usually make it for Thanksgiving and Christmas because our family is huge and this works great as a doubled recipe.
What You Need:
- 2 boxes boxes of chopped broccoli
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 of a white onion, finely chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 1 Jar of Cheese Whiz
- 2 cups of cooked Minute Rice
- 1 stick of butter
What To Do:
- Cook the broccoli and drain off water.
- Sauté onion and celery in 1 stick of real butter until soft.
- Mix broccoli, cooked rice, cream of mushroom soup and your sautéed onions and celery and cheese. Blend well .
- Bake in 9 by 13 casserole dish and uncovered at 350 degrees 30 minutes or until golden brown
Let me know if you try this recipe!!I would love to hear your feedback!
Another favorite side dish is Home Made Mac N Cheese, give it a shot!