*This post may contain affiliate links.
This is one of the easiest casserole recipes ever! This was given to me by my husband’s Aunt about a year ago and it has been a staple meal in our house ever since. Both my husband and I work full-time jobs so I am always on the lookout for quick and easy meals that double as leftovers for his lunches during the week. ( I usually meal prep for myself but he isn’t into that. )
So, onto the casserole. I have given you the original recipe at the bottom but if you want some of my time-saving tips, follow along.
First, layout and measure out all of your ingredients because this is a quick cook. If you have them measured and ready it goes really fast.
Second, I cheat a little and buy the pre-cooked rotissire chickens from Wal-Mart or my local grocery store… if I don’t have time to boil a chicken. (And I think it makes this recipe taste better)
Third, as you are cooking your “sauce” in one pan, be boiling your box of spaghetti.
The rest is pretty self-explanatory. Sautee your onions and while that is happening, cube your Velveeta and open your Rotel can.
Easy Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
What You’ll Need:
- Large bone-in chicken–>1
- Spaghetti–> box
- Onion–> 1 chopped
- Bell Pepper–> 1 chopped (optional)
- Velveeta Cheese–> 1 lb, cubed
- Worcheshire–> 2 TBSP
- Rotel –> 1 or 2 cans
- Butter–> ½ stick
- Mushrooms–> Optional
What To Do:
- Boil chicken, save broth.
- Sautee onion and bell pepper in butter.
- Add Rotel and Worcheshire, cook slowly.
- Add mushrooms, cheese and chicken until cheese melts. (Be careful not to burn it, turn your heat down)
- Cook spaghetti in broth. (I only do this when I have spare time and I’m not cooking the spaghetti at the same time as the “sauce”)
- Add mixture and spaghetti to (13×9) casserole dish. (I use this one)
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.